Friday 26 December 2014

December 26 - Boxing Day

Well yesterday was a very lovely day. Maria and I decided to "take in the shows". The first was by the Magician.  It was fun, but not the highlight of the evening! We then had dinner with two Australian couples, all but one was actually British - so with me, that made four Brits, one Aussie and one American!  We "Brits" had fun educating Maria on Christmas customs!  Following dinner we went to hear Suzanne Godfrey, the flutist I had managed to stay awake for once before.  She is really a lovely player and it was a nice way to end the day.

Today was much more low key. We are at Punta Arenas, and since mom and I had a good chance to explore just a week or so ago, I stayed on board to get caught up on a few things, while Maria went out exploring.

We hosted a nice table for dinner, with one lady in particular very interested in Maria's art.  Tomorrow we are going through "Glacier Alley" at 7 AM, so I will be up on the bridge narrating. Later in the morning, we land in Ushuaia and will have about six hours in the port.

No comments:

Post a Comment